January 9, 2019

COLLEGE BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Wednesday, January 9, 2019
12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m. 
TTECH Board Room
88 South Tooele Blvd.
Tooele, UT 84074

WELCOME & INTRODUCTIONS                                                                                                Joyce Hogan

Tooele Tech 2018 Student of the Year                                                                                   Michael England

Program Spotlight: Business                                                                                                  Brett McEachern - Lead Instructor 

Open & Public Meeting Act Training                                                                                       Doug Richards 

ACTION ITEMS
1) Consent Calendar                                                                                                                Joyce Hogan

2) Finance & Audit                                                                                                                     Paul Ogilvie
    c) Accounting Policies & Procedures 
        i. Approve Capital Asset Policy 

3) Instruction & Student Services Committee                                                                               Dave Haskell 

4) Planning & External Relations                                                                                                 Tom Bingham
    a) New Policy
        i. Anti-Harassment Policy
    b) Recommended Policies to Retire
        i. Sexual Harassment Policy

INFORMATIONAL ITEMS
1) Instruction & Student Services Committee                                                                               Dave Haskell 
    a) Program Updates
        i. Zero Hour STEM Classes to Wendover
        ii. CDL
        iii. POST Update
        iv. Diesel Parent Night Results 
        v. Diesel Pathway Event - Jan. 23rd 
        vi. Electrician Apprenticeship
        vii. Next Year's CNA Classes
        viii. Composites - SWI Grant
        ix. Building Trades 
    c) High School Grades & Registration 
    d) Meeting with High School CTE Instructors 

2) Planning & External Relations                                                                                                 Tom Bingham
    a) Higher Education Strategic Planning Commission 
    b) FY 18 Performance Funding Results 
    c) 187-day Instructor Schedules for those who in the future 
        will be instructing mostly secondary students

3) President's Report                                                                                                                 Paul Hacking
    a) State of the College
    b) Update on Small Business Development Center
    c) Status of Triggered Programs
    d) Employee Training, Holiday Luncheon, and Retirement Party for Debbie Hill 
    e) Counselor Appreciation Luncheon - November 28th 
    f) Progress with our Strategic Plan
    g) Upcoming Events
        i. Diesel Pathway Event - January 23rd 
        ii. UTech Student of the Year - January 28th and 29th 
        iii. Faculty/Staff In-Service - March 15th 
        iv. OAC Appreciation Dinner - April 4th 
        v. Board Meeting and Graduation Ceremony - April 18th

OTHER BUSINESS
2) Board Comment
3) Public Comment

CLOSED SESSION
1) Board may elect to go into closed session, which will not be open to the public, pursuant to the Utah Code Section 52-4-204-206. 

ADJOURN

In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify the Executive Assistant to the President, Abra Trussell, at (435) 248-1802 at least three working days prior to the meeting. Directors may participate in a Board of Directors meeting by means of electronic media.